Mayrhofner Bergbahnen - Pistenbock tobogganing experience
This is what awaits you:
If you didn’t bring your skis or snowboard or need a little break from the all the action on the slopes, try some toboggan fun with the Pistenbock. On a specially designed course separated off from the other pistes you’ll adjust your hat, hang on tight, and tackle the turns. As you know, practice makes perfect! A single run is definitely not enough!
- Pistenbock toboggans are available as one or double seat versions. For young guests, there’s even a kids
version of the Pistenbock, which children from five years of age are allowed to ride on their own.
- The Pistenbock rental is located at the bar of the Igloo Village White Lounge on Leisure Mountain Ahorn
- You can ride the Pistenbock on the specially designed course near the Übungslift Ahorn (beginner’s lift).
- Please note that for safety reasons, you’re not allowed to use your own toboggan on the Pistenbock course.
- For your own protection, helmets are mandatory on the Pistenbock course. Helmets can be rented for free at the
- The Pistenbock Ticket does not include the ascent and descent with the Ahornbahn. If you don’t hold a day pass for Mayrhofen or a Zillertal Superskipass, don’t forget to purchase an ascent and descent ticket at our ticket windows.
Frequently asked questions
How do I get to the Ahornbahn?
BY CAR: Take the A12 Autobahn to the "Zillertal" exit or go via the Achenpass on the B181 (Achenseestraße) to Wiesing. Continue via the B169 to Zillertal and Mayrhofen.
BY TRAIN: Go to the train station in Jenbach, which is located at the entrance of the Zillertal, and then take the Zillertalbahn to Mayrhofen.
BY PLANE: Innsbruck Airport is 50 km, Munich Airport 170 km, and Salzburg Airport 150 km away.
Once you’re in Mayrhofen, continue straight at the roundabout (first exit). Follow the bypass and turn left onto Tuxerstraße (at the southerly entrance to town). Turn right after the Hotel Brücke. The Ahornbahn Car Park will be 50 meters ahead on your right.
Where can I park my car?
The Ahornbahn Car Park is located at the Ahornbahn valley station. Parking is complimentary for guests who are using the Ahornbahn. Tickets can be validated for free until 5:00 p.m. at the cash desks.
When is the Ahornbahn running?
The Ahornbahn runs from14 December to 19 April 2020 daily from 7.30 a.m till 5.00 p.m. and takes guests up to Leisure Mountain Ahorn every 15 minutes.
How long does a ride with the Ahornbahn take?
A one-way ride with the Ahornbahn takes 7 minutes.